The purpose of this statement is to set out how Johnson Cleaners use and manage personal information that we may obtain about you. We take the responsibility of looking after your personal data very seriously and take the utmost care to ensure your data is secure.
Johnson Cleaners is a company registered in England and Wales (Company Registration Number 02970609) whose registered office is at Timpson House, Claverton Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester M23 9TT.
Johnson Cleaners is part of the Timpson Group who are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number Z5074849).
By registering as a user of any provided services from Johnson Cleaners you agree to the Terms and Conditions outlined below.
Personal Data Statement
We collect information about you when you:
- Visit Johnson Cleaners or any of our concession locations
- Register an account on our website johnsoncleaners.com
- Buy services on our website
- Take part in competitions, customer surveys or questionnaires
- Contact customer services in any way
You will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it electronically. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us to contact you via:
- SMS text message and other electronic messages such as picture messaging
- or otherwise
We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
(1) To employees of the Group to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by the Group now or in the future;
(2) Companies who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs;
(3) To other organisations for the administration of prize draws or competitions.
(4) If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
(5) To any successors in title to our business.
Your marketing preferences and market research
We may contact you:
- with offers and information about the products and services we offer
- for customer research e.g. to help improve our services.
When you visit a Johnson Cleaners branch our colleagues may ask if you would like to opt-in to receive marketing emails from us. You can also create an online account at www.johnsoncleaners.com and opt-in receive marketing emails by checking the relevant tick box. If you later wish to opt-out simply click "My Account" in the top menu and then click "Update Details" and uncheck the relevant tick box. Alternatively you can opt out from the link in the footer of any of our marketing emails or by contacting us by clicking here.
We like to hear your views to help us to improve our service. From time to time we may contact you to ask your opinions but we will only do this if you are opted in to marketing communications.
If you are not opted in to marketing communications we will only contact you with transactional information. For example, about:
- orders that you place – for example to confirm orders you have placed and to update you about the status of your orders.
- questions you have asked us.
- Reminder of a direct debit for Priority Club membership that is due to come out of your account.
International transfers of your data.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area we will ensure that appropriate security measures are taken to protect your personal data. In the case of information stored in the USA we ensure that our partners work within the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
Johnson Cleaners will not share data with any third party organisations for their own marketing purposes.
Access to information
You have the right to receive a copy of personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you by writing to: Data Compliance Manager, Colleague Support Department, Timpson Group plc, Timpson House, Claverton Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester, M23 9TT or by contacting us by clicking here.
If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us by clicking here.
Please be aware that our site may link to other web sites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked web sites.
- to personalise your visit and to enable you to use some of the features of the site.
- to improve the way in which the site works by allowing us to understand how you use the site. These cookies collect mostly anonymous data that is aggregated across all visitors to the site.
Third party cookies
We sometimes embed video content and photos from websites such as YouTube and flickr. Pages with this embedded content may present cookies from these websites. Similarly, when you use one of the share buttons on our website, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these cookies.
How to manage cookies
If you wish to restrict, block or delete cookies from our website - or any other website - you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Please bear in mind that if you do this, certain personalised features of this website cannot be provided to you.
Digital ID photos will be stored for no more than 30 days in order to give you the opportunity to use them for your desired purpose e.g. renewing your passport online.
Updates to this policy
This policy replaces all previous versions and is correct as of 19th December 2019. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time and will keep it up to date so please visit this page again to check for the latest version.
If you have any questions about how we collect, keep and use your personal data please click here to contact us.