Getting a new passport photo often seems like a massive hassle. Every photo needs to follow strict HMPO rules to be accepted, so here’s a quick rundown of the important photo requirements you need to know.
Don’t panic if you’re confused by it all, our in-store specialists get things right every time and can always guarantee your photo will be accepted!
1. Measure 4.5cm (45mm) high and 3.5cm (35mm) wide
2. Be focused, clear and printed to a high professional standard
3. Printed in full colour on a white or high coloured background (with no border), so that there is a clear contrast
4. Feature a close-up of your head and shoulders, not cut out from a larger photo
5. Feature open eyes without any hair obscuring them or the dreaded “red eye”
6. Display a plain expression with your mouth closed
7. Show your face looking straight on at the camera
Have any tears or creases
Be marked on either side (unless it needs to be countersigned)
Get manipulated by manipulated or edited by computer software
Feature any other people or objects
Unless for religious or medical reasons, your hair must not be covered
Include any shadows either behind you or on your face
Feature sunglasses, tinted glasses, or any glare from regular glasses, as your eyes need to be fully visible